Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Date Posted: 10-03-2022
Company Address: CohesionForce, Inc.
Street: 101 Quality Circle
Suite: Suite 140
City: Huntsville, AL 35806
CohesionForce is actively seeking candidates for a Software Engineer with strong Java experience to become part of our team in Huntsville, AL.
The candidate will be responsible for software development in the Java language. Under some direction, provides support and expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, application implications, and customer areas. The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong technical skills to achieve sustainable quality products. Candidate will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and developing software for small to large scale programs. This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal and technical capabilities. Candidate will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidate will work closely with other software developers. The Software Engineer will work closely with other developers to accomplish the following:
– Support team in completing necessary software development on schedule.
– Developing software documentation.
– Complete work independently and as part of a team.
– Interact with related disciplines to accomplish goals.
– Solve complex problems through innovative and creative solutions.
– Utilize software development tools to increase efficiency in code development while decreasing defects.
– Interact with customer/supplier organizations.
– Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, or technology degree with 1-3 years of experience, or a Master’s degree in a related field with less than 1 year of experience.
– Command and control system application development.
– Ability to present advanced concepts to non-software engineers.
– Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with small technical teams.
– Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
– Ability to develop software in object-oriented programming languages (preferably Java).
– Experience with VxWorks, Git, Jira, Confluence, Linux/Unix.
– Familiarity with debugging tools and testing mechanisms.
– Demonstrate adherence to applicable software development processes.
– Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
– Good working knowledge of MS Office products.
– Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
– Development utilizing Linux environment.
– Knowledge of various programming languages, preferably Java.
– Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
– Use of development environments and configuration management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org