Job Title: Software Developer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Date Posted: 07-20-2021
Company Address: CohesionForce, Inc.
Street: 101 Quality Circle
Suite: Suite 140
City: Huntsville, AL 35806
CohesionForce is actively seeking candidates for a Software Developer to join the Modeling and Simulations Contract Framework and Tools (MASC-F) program. The MASC-F program will support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) in performing Ballistic missile Defense System (BMDS) Modeling & Simulation Verification, Assessment, Training, and Operational Support. MASC-F personnel will support in the following areas.
– Transition the Objective Simulation Framework (OSF) development and sustainment from the prior contract to the MASC-F contract.
– Modify, enhance, develop, and sustain the MDA Objective Simulation Framework (OSF) to meet MDA’s evolving M&S requirements.
– Maintain and evolve the OSF architecture and external interfaces.
– Develop, modify, and enhance other BMDS tools as required.
Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
The successful candidate will be working in an agile development environment and will be responsible for supporting elements of the design/sustainment/development efforts. The candidate should be a self-starter that is attentive to details and works well in a multi-disciplined teaming environment.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
– Knowledge using: C++ and/or Java languages or similar languages.
– Familiarity with Eclipse or other IDEs (IntelliJ, NetBeans, Visual Studio).
– Knowledge of Object Oriented (OO) Design & Development.
– Working knowledge with Linux/Unix commands and environment.
– Research and come up with creative solutions to solve existing challenges.
– Works well in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
– Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
Candidates should have a basic understanding of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS). Scaled Agile Framework experience; working as part of a SCRUM Team.
– Experience developing software in an Agile environment desired.
– Experience in using Rich Client Platform (RCP), Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF), Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) is desired.
– Experience in development of model elements, DIS protocols.
– Experience in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
– Experience in developing Human Machine Interfaces.
– Experience with DDS OpenSplice.
– Experience with Agile Process Tools (VersionOne, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket).
– Experience with Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, and automated test.
– Experience with Configuration Management Tools:
– Experience Developing/integrating engineering tools in an Agile environment.
– Continuous Integration
– Experience with Redhat (RHEL) 6.x, 7.x
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com