Configuration & Data Management
Our disciplined System Engineers apply configuration and data management methods and ideas in support of changes throughout the life cycle of advanced weapon systems. Typical CM and DM capabilities include:
- Configuration Management Planning
- Configuration Identification
- Configuration Control
- Configuration Status Accounting
- Configuration Review and Audit
- Data Management
We provide configuration and data management services for the following advanced weapon system programs:
Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD)
Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Communications IPT
- Developed launcher and radar interfaces
- Development of software interface definition
- Controlled radars and launchers to manage engagement & destruction of target
- Implemented battle planning algorithms
- Optimized algorithms to improve performance
- Resolution of inter process communications issues
- Developed architecture concepts
- Causal analysis & resolution
There are four main components to THAAD: the launcher, interceptors, radar, and fire control. The launcher is mounted on a truck for mobility and storability. There are eight interceptors per launcher. Current Army configurations of THAAD batteries include six launchers and 48 interceptors. The THAAD system utilizes the Army Navy / Transportable Radar Surveillance (AN/TPY-2) radar to detect and track enemy missiles at a range of up to 1,000 kilometers. The fire control system is the communication and data-management backbone and is equipped with an indigenous THAAD Fire Control and Communications system. The Command, Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) also provides tracking and cueing information for THAAD from other regional sensors on Aegis and Patriot systems.
Want us to contact you? No problem. Fill in the form and someone will get back to you soon.
If you would like to speak to someone immediately please feel free calling us at (256) 562 – 0600.